Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Donovan interested in move to Australia

Landon Donovan has suggested he might end his playing days in Australia's A-League.

"My wife and I have talked about that (coming to play in Australia). Not now but maybe one day. I have got a couple more years at the Galaxy … it might be a while (but) I love it here," he said.

He called the 80,000 strong crowd that watch the Galaxy take on Sydney FC 'awesome' and though they played a great game.

It is interesting that Donovan, who claimed that being near his home as his main reason for moving back from Europe a few years ago, would now be willing to go even further away to finish up his playing days. Then again, maybe he's thinking Australia might get the 2018 World Cup and he, at the age of 36, could get some local love as he takes the field one last time for the USA. Or maybe he thinks that 80,000 will show up to watch him play.

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Australia? Landycakes couldn't manage to tough it out in Europe but he wants to go somewhere with some of the world's most poisonous snakes and spiders?

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yr blog is very nice, I have gone through it for the first time and nice writings also. Well I should also refer to another soccer blog that has very good content,

www.soccerfairy.com

9:35 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

It's obvious all he cares about is living near the beach. I can't wait for Altidore and Adu to come into their own so we don't have to watch him shrink in international competition...again.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Muzza said...

Hi,

I attended the game in Sydney. It was an entertaining game. Obviously, most people came to Beckham however Donovan looked class and I think he would do OK in the A League.
You can read a report on the game at www.soccercoachingguide.com
Ps.

I didn't see one snake, spider or even a kangaroo all night!

Regards,
Muz

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home