Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Frankie Hejduk out of US World Cup squad

Frankie Hejduk is no longer part of the US roster as he has torn his ACL.

LA Galaxy’s Chris Albright will replace Hejduk.

"I deeply regret having to replace Frankie Hejduk on the roster. Frankie has been a great member of the national team program for many years. Unfortunately this last minute injury has forced us to make a change," said U.S. manager Bruce Arena. "I'm delighted to be able to offer Chris Albright an opportunity to be a member of our team. As the case with all of our alternates, they need to be prepared in case a situation like this occurs."

"To be honest, I would have rather originally been on the roster because that would have meant that Frankie wouldn't have done his ACL. My heart goes out to Frankie, being an experienced guy that I'm sure Bruce would have wanted in the mix," Albright said. "Frankie is a good buddy of mine and he's been doing it for a lot of years so obviously I feel for him and if that could have been avoided for me to get there, then that would have been the way to go."

Chris Albright joins teammate Landon Donovan on the 23-man roster.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home