Thursday, October 27, 2005

BASAs Day 4 - Defender of the Year

The BASAs just keep coming. Today, Climbing the Ladder hands out the award for Defender of the Year. Looking at the results, it seems the blog world is not overly united on this one. Anyway, the winner is ... (click here).

So yesterday's award went to the Rookie of the Year. Here is the order:

1- Michael Parkhurst
2- Chris Rolfe
3- Scott Sealy
4- Brad Guzan
5- Bobby Boswell
6- James Riley
6- Gonzalo Segares

Here are my votes:
1- Michael Parkhurst (NE)
2- Chris Rolfe (Chicago)
3- Bobby Boswell (DC)

Scaryice does a great job explaining my top two picks, so I don't have much more to add to it other then I think maradawga has a good point about Parkhurst having more help then Rolfe had. Still, in a league with an average of 3 goals a game, I am more inclined to go with a strong defensive player rather then a strong offensive one.

As far as Boswell in third, I think he had a fine season, even if he had back-to-back games with own goals. Coming into Ryan Nelsen's old spot was a tough gig, yet he pulled it off.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger D said...

Good for you on supporting the Boz. Sadly, I didn't. But I'm glad you did.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home