Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Real Madrid 5 - MLS 0

So I guess a group of players that don't play together and are coming off only a couple days of rest cannot beat one of the most talented and expensive teams in the world in their home stadium. It really is a good lesson to learn.

In all honesty, this was about the result most folks thought or feared would happen. I know I was hoping for the best when I guessed the MLS would only go down 3-2. So was this worth it?

I'm going to guess the reaction is no, however, there were a few good moments for the US side. Jeff Cunningham's shot in the 49th look strong. Okay, that is only one good moment. It was a bad night.

All and all, I must wonder how a full team like DC United or KC would have done on the night. At least they would be familiar with each other. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home