Friday, July 29, 2005

Freddy Adu would love to play for Chelsea

But then again, who wouldn't love to play for Chelsea?

Adu admitted yesterday that he would enjoy being a member of the Blues and that they were his favorite team. One really nice part of his quote is this:

"Playing in the Premiership is a goal for me and I think I can do it. I just need to keep working hard and keep my head on straight."

It is wonderful to see a young player understand that if he wants to reach the heights of the EPL and Chelsea in particular, then he needs to stay focused on improving his soccer skills. It would be real easy for the 16 year old to have a big head, seeing how he has been greeted as the superstar of American soccer. Thankfully Freddy has not lost touch with reality.

Let's just hope he gives DC and the MLS a few more highlights before he crosses the pond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home